Welcome to The Blogosphere Home of The Cheese Snob. If you would like to know more about who I am and what I do, I recommend you check out my Website, www.cheesesnob.com

Friday, July 06, 2007

I've Moved To Vermont

Moving to New York City was a good idea. I learned a lot and met all of my major goals.

Now it's time to go home. No, I don't mean to my ancestral home (New Jersey), I mean my chosen home: Vermont.

On July 2nd I moved back to Brattleboro.

It makes sense for me to live in the state with the greatest number of artisan-cheesemakers per capita in the entire United States. It's time for me to expand my business, and, sorry New York City, Vermont will give me more opportunities.

Isn't that funny? I moved to NYC for more opportunities, and now I'm moving back to VT - a state not necessarily known as
cutting-edge - to improve and expand my business. But Vermont is cutting-edge, especially when it comes to the appreciation of local, small-production, artisan-made and -grown foods. We may not have beaten Alice Waters to it (maybe we have, I wasn't alive then), but we certainly were doing this local thing here in VT before all the Big City chefs discovered the Union Square Greenmarket!

Viva Vermont!
Viva la Queso!

No comments: